Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of vacation

I did lots of eating and shopping the last couple of days in Newport Beach.

Thursday night we went to The Crab Cooker and ate crab legs, soft shell crab, and crab cakes. Mom got shrimp and scallops.

Friday was a day of shopping at Nordstrom Rack and Marukai, then dinner at Il Fornaio. It's funny how I've developed a routine, even on vacation. This was only my second trip to Newport Beach, but last year we also went to Marukai and Il Fornaio and The Crab Cooker.

I did try two new places on this trip: the Newport Beach Brewing Company and Bandera, where I had a salad with rotisserie chicken, corn, goat cheese, and chopped dates. Yum!

Thankfully both of my flights on Saturday were without incident. As difficult as it was to say goodbye to Yukie and the warm weather and having wash-and-go hair, I am glad to be back to my regular life.

No comments: