Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate babies

Maybe it’s post-vacation blues (can you get jet lag from going to California?), but I’ve been craving sweets lately.

I’ve been trying to pace myself with my treats from Marukai, a Japanese store with a huge snack aisle. (Here's Yukie with some Hello Panda cookies.)

For some reason, Marukai doesn’t sell Choco Baby candy online, but you can find boxes of them on Amazon. I love the adorable packaging of the five-pack assortment.

In case you were wondering, a Choco Baby is not a baby-shaped chocolate; it’s a pellet of chocolate shaped like a blunt Tic Tac. Some (but not all) of the babies have a star-shaped design inside. So charming!

It's humbling to shop at Marukai; there's a whole candy world left to discover. At some point, I'd like to try the Ginger Ale KitKat. It could be disappointing, but what if it's the best thing ever?

No comments: