Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh no, Papa, you're supposed to figure that out yourself.

When I bought this treat ball, I was confident that Papa would spend lots of time manipulating, rolling, and chasing it. It seemed sufficiently challenging. I'd come home at the end of the day, and it would often be empty. I imagined her having hours of fun with it.

Sometimes she'd bring the ball to me and I’d roll it away. She’d look dispirited but I didn't really think anything of it.

Until my parents came over this weekend. Papa brought my dad the ball, and he shook it until the treats fell out. When he stopped, Papa brought my mom the ball, and Mom shook it until the treats fell out. The entire process took just a few minutes.

Oh Papa, you're supposed to manipulate the ball, not my parents! She has trained them well.

1 comment:

William Zuback said...

What is the saying, the quickest way to get from point a to point b is a straight line? Smart Papa.