Monday, November 24, 2008

Big briolette necklace

Here's my big briolette necklace on the January 2009 BeadStyle cover. I bought those beads in March at the JANY show after much deliberation — and encouragment from Jean Yates.

Yes, that necklace is super heavy (better suited for display than for regular accessorizing), but I'm proud to say that I finally used the beads.

I did make an alternate that I love (and wore to my high school reunion). The clear quartz necklace is less dazzling but definitely more wearable. And right now, I'm liking gold more than silver.

Check out the issue for instructions for both projects.

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Naomi, that is an incredilbe showpeoce. I cannot think of a better way to have used those!
Amazing!

WOW!

Alix said...

Hi Naomi,
I saw the necklace on the cover of Beadstyle and couldn't take my eyes off of it. I bought it right away!
And I love the alternate necklace you made withe the clear briolettes (my favorite cut)!!!
Congratulations!