Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Papa turned 10 years old today. I thought about getting her a bath. Or a fancy collar. Or a sweater (they had lots of adorable ones at PetSmart). But really, I knew she wouldn’t want any of those things, that they were more in the service of what I wanted.

So I got her Greenies and two Frisbees.

One thing I love about dogs: their moods and emotions are always transparent. Watching her shred the wrapping paper and do the moon walk, I could tell I'd found the perfect gifts.

We played outside (not because it was her birthday but because I'm home sick from work). We enjoyed the sunshine and also took a long walk. And a nap.

It was a good birthday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Papa looks like she is walking on air with excitement.
Happy Birthday Papa!

Naomi said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! She had a good day (at least, from my perspective). :)