Sunday, December 28, 2008

Painting disarray

I’m making slow progress painting my spare bedroom: the cleaning, prep, spackling, and taping took a long time. (I always forget that those are best done in stages.) Also, an unforeseen delay: Papa kept dropping tennis balls in front of me, so I had to maneuver around her (the bed takes up most of the room).

My color choice: Sherwin Williams Expressive Plum. It’s a plummy beige, sort of like chocolate ice cream. You can search for it and test other shades on their color visualizer. The color looks darker on my walls, but that’s okay. My new midnight blue velvet curtains look beautiful, if not quite as spectacular as in the Overstock photo.

I deliberated a while before committing to this redesign, but now that I've made some decisions, it's maddening how long it's taking. I only had time (and space) to paint two walls today. But I hope to be done by the end of the week.

No comments: