Monday, January 19, 2009

New York habits

On Saturday, I went out for Italian food with Matt, who’s in town training to do hair for Fashion Week. We walked to Carmine’s, which came highly recommended, but there was an hour and a half wait, so we walked until we happened upon John’s. After getting a number there, we wandered and waited some more. (Perhaps dinner in the theater district was not the best idea.)

But the wait was worth it: we shared a spinach salad with walnuts, apples, and blue cheese, cheesy garlic bread (with chopped garlic, not powder), and a calzone the size of a pizza pan. After that, we walked to a bakery for cookies (him: an Oreo brownie; me, a raspberry-jam-filled number). Cookies-and-tea is a habit from home that I've managed to maintain while in New York.

Access to fresh-baked cookies may not be the most interesting thing about my travels, but be patient. That was only the first day of my trip. More later.

No comments: