Monday, May 5, 2008

Lucky break

I think I'm a truly lucky person.

Eating spaghetti last night, I broke a tooth. A piece the size of two unpopped kernels of corn. (I offer this comparison because I made popcorn earlier.)

The good news:

1. No pain. Discomfort, sure. A jagged piece of tooth in my mouth and in my hand. But, no pain.

2. It was a back tooth. All my front teeth are fine. Yay!

3. I took an Ambien so as not to freak out about my missing tooth or overanalyze how I chipped it on spaghetti.

4. I have a great dentist and mostly adequate dental insurance.

Also, I think it wasn't a coincidence that I just happened upon a 37 Days post about not complaining. I don't know if I can go 37 days in a row not complaining, but I'm happy that I can manage this. My temporary crown is just fine, thank you very much, and I enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich, fries, and onion rings after my three lidocaine shots wore off.

I think I'm going to drink more milk. It's easier when I have chocolate chip cookies. So, I just baked some. Without nuts.

No comments: