Sunday, August 14, 2016

The tennis tribe

To my Milwaukee tennis friends,
Thank you for the memorable send-off party. For going to four stores to find the perfect ingredients for sloppy joes. For the taco wontons that were such a hit I didn't get to try them. And for the oatmeal chocolate chip bars and the gooey brownies. This group knows how to party and potluck.

I'm blown away by your thoughtfulness and creativity. I love the luggage, which makes me look forward to living out of a suitcase. And the Starbucks and the candy (which I may or may not have started eating already) to keep me peppy during the drive to Nebraska. Thursday Night Ladies, thank you for the engraved pen and journal to chronicle my new adventures.

Thank you for your friendship, for all the phone calls and you-got-this conversations. Even you, Doug, for the tough love that very first week! I'm glad you knew in December how happy I'd be now.

I'll miss you all, but I know it won't be long until I come back for a visit, asking (demanding?) to play the ad side. Thanks for always making room for one more.

No comments: