Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pompkin

Yesterday I visited the Ozaukee Humane Society to see Pompkin, a 6-year-old beagle mix rescued from a puppy mill. When I stood at the fence, she craned her neck but wouldn't get down from her bed. The volunteer suggested I drop a treat in her cage, but I still couldn't get her to come over. She just looked at me and trembled.

When it was time to meet her, she had to be coaxed into the introduction room. She clung to the counselor but let me pet her. Eventually, she rolled onto her side and I rubbed her belly and her leg. If I stopped, she'd lift her head up and look at me, but she kept shaking. The counselor said Pompkin sometimes cries at night, and they think it's because her puppies were taken away from her too soon and she's still looking for them.

I hope someone adopts her soon. Maybe you?

No comments: