Saturday, July 19, 2008

Post #100 and the unexpected

It's been one year since I started this blog. In 365 days (actually, 367), I managed 100 posts. Even though most of them turned out to not be about jewelry, I'm happy that I have this place to share my thoughts. And thank you for being a reader and leaving your comments!

Today, nothing especially interesting happened. Crummy weather, an uneventful walk to the grocery store, and baking a batch of brownies. I know, a lack of blogworthy events rarely stops me, but I've been preoccupied with the first assignment for my online essay-writing class: to write about a moment that taught me something unexpected about myself.

This is a challenge.

Even though I'm constantly learning, most things I learn about myself are expected. Which is good — constant epiphanies would be exhausting ("And then I realized, I could give up booze or dessert but never fried food!").

Nonetheless, I'd like to come up with 500 words about an "a-ha" moment. Anybody got any ideas?

No comments: